Updated: Oct 5, 2018
On Wednesday, 9.26 I fell back in love with myself all over again. I started the day with my beautiful, long, blonde wig and ended the same day with a beautiful, confident bald head. I accepted Christie for exactly who she is, faced my fear of being bald, held an event in a studio filled with love, taught a workout class, and spoke about what I've learned through my journey with alopecia. This day will forever be one of the biggest days of my life. I will let my video, at the bottom of the page, do the talking, but I want to emphasize that I would have never, ever, ever, showed up to 101 Dance Center for my event, last Wednesday at 11am with 29 of my homies, if it weren't for my homies. I will forever feel grateful to be around people who love me for me. To everyone who has been a part of my journey, and is still by my side, as my journey continues, you know who you are... thank you from the deepest part of my soul for continuing to remind me of my strength, my inner beauty, and reminding me of who I truly am. Spread love today, tomorrow, and the rest of forever. Love got me here and love will continue to get me through this stupid disease.
Casually started the day with Plyojam, the dance cardio class I teach! Then I added a little twist, and changed up my look...
Never underestimate the power of a true friend. I finally feel beautiful in my own skin again, and I strongly believe these 29 people pictured above, got me here. Can't even find the words to truly explain how grateful I feel for this support.
Everything I've learned about life from losing my hair...
I'd love for you to listen to the whole thing, even if that means doing whatever you gotta do, while this plays in the background. Forever grateful for your support....
10 take aways from my speech:
1. Believe in your own power and strength. Like really, take the time to look at yourself and believe in yourself.
2. Look in the mirror, and find something you love, because you do not know what you have, until it's taken away from you. Really...LOVE WHAT YOU'VE GOT.
3. Nothing in this world will ever take dance or my smile away from me. Nothing.
4. Diet is everything--Vegan cures lives!!!
5. Looks fade, inner beauty is what is actually beautiful.
6. Spread love, every single human in this universe yearns to be loved in one way or another.
7. Never let anyone else control your life, design the life that YOU want.
8. E V E R Y O N E is going through something, so spread L O V E to make whatever that is easier, for whoever it is. We in this together!!!!!!!
9. Cherish your friends, your real ones, the power of support is out of this world. Be a loyal friend and appreciate your loyal friends.
10. With or without hair, I AM STILL ME... BE YOU.